Hunt leaving CHS to assume asst. superintendent position

Peter Sblendorio
Sports Editor

Hunt will be leaving CHS next year to assume a role as the asst. superintendent. Photo by Brian Hwu.

After serving as the principal of Coppell High School for the last five years, Brad Hunt will be leaving the school at the conclusion of this school year to assume the position of Assistant Superintendent for Administration for Coppell ISD.

Hunt informed CHS faculty and staff Thursday morning and Coppell Superintendent Dr. Jeff Turner announced Hunt’s promotion via e-mail to all district employees. Hunt will be working at the administration building in Coppell next school year, where he will work with Turner on Strategic Plan initiatives and oversee human resources and communications.

The decision to take this new position is bittersweet for Hunt, as he will greatly miss serving as the principal at Coppell High School. That said, he one day aspires to be the superintendant of a school district and believes taking on this new role is a necessary step in achieving that goal.

“I love being the principal at Coppell High School, but I have other career aspirations,” Hunt said. “These are the steps that I need to take. I look forward [to the new job] but I will still be serving the Coppell students at the assistant superintendent level.”

Hunt has spent the majority of his career in the Coppell district. He served as a teacher at the high school from 1990-1996 before becoming the assistant principal at Coppell Middle School West. He went on to work in Southlake as the principal of Carroll Middle School from 2001-2005, and then returned to Coppell as a director of human resources for two years before taking the job as CHS principal in 2006.

“I will greatly miss Coppell High School, but I’ll always be a Cowboy,” Hunt said. “That’s because Cowboy fight never dies.”

1