Carter anticipates new year as news editor

By Caroline Carter

News Editor Caroline Carter and Page Design Editor Jordan Bickham stand together after the awards ceremony at the JEA/ NSPA convention.

News Editor

Hello there! I am Caroline Carter, a 17-year-old writer who loves sarcasm, 80s music, sticky notes, traveling and shoes. For the 2013-2014 school year, I will be serving as the news editor for The Sidekick and Coppell Student Media, and I  am thrilled about this opportunity.

After being a staff writer for two years, I look forward to taking on this new role and have high hopes for the upcoming school year.  With new leadership, design changes and an increase in multimedia, next year is sure to be a great one. I am honored to work with the other editors, staff writers and KCBY to create an award winning newspaper and website.

Next year will be a busy one, but I am extremely excited to see what is in store. In addition to serving as the News Editor for The Sidekick, I will also be a senior lieutenant for the Coppell Lariettes. I have been dancing for 15 years and love performing every Friday night at the football games. I am also the vice president for the SADD club and treasurer for DECA, a student marketing organization. When I am not busy studying or participating in these activities, I can be found watching The Office, online shopping or eating desserts, sometimes simultaneously.

During my senior year, I hope to see The Sidekick reach a new level of excellence. The 2013-2014 school year is going to be a great, and I can not wait to begin this journey.