Musical wraps up rehearsals

By Nikki Dabney

The cast of the fall musical The Drowsy Chaperone is preparing for their opening show on Saturday October 27.

Rehearsals are everyday this week except for Wednesday and Friday. Everyone must be ready at 5:30 PM with full makeup, full costume, false eyelashes- the works. Most of the cast just stays after school and they don’t get home until 10:30PM.

They do a complete run-through of the show every night and do some parts more than once. The orquestra, all actors, directors, and the tech crew are present. The tech crew is in charge of costume changes and stage makeup, the props and set, and controlling lights and sound.

Four of the main characters have a costume change with 15 seconds of allotted time. This proved to be unachievable, so they added 15 more seconds…

“I have three people helping me change out of my six-layer costume into another that includes a veil and bouquet,” cast member Maddie Migis said.

For the most part, the rehearsals are running smoothly although the choreography is rough in the first number.

“If there’s one thing we are worried about it’s our energy because we are just exhausted,” Migis said.

Nearly every part in the musical is a big role, so the cast is ready to put on their show.

“We are excited about the show especially because it’s a good show,” Migis said. “The characters are fun to play and they are funny so we think the audience will enjoy it.”

Be sure to purchase your tickets and be there early for the opening show!