My last blog

By Coleman Armes

As my days on The Sidekick staff have come to a close after one year (I am switching out next semester to Psychology), I have been reflecting on what the experience of working on The Sidekick has been like. After all this thought I have come up with one word to describe my time here. Blessed.

First and foremost I have been blessed to have Mr. Wofford as a teacher. He is truly a good guy. I first noticed Mr. Wofford freshman year. He was always in the halls with the University of Alabama polos and I thought, “Hmm, this guy could be really cool or just one of those obnoxious extreme Alabama die hards.”

When I got him as my teacher for Journalism A at the beginning of sophomore year I soon realized that although he was a die hard fan he was not obnoxious but really cool. Who knew that could be possible?

I then switched into The Sidekick newspaper class for the second semester of my sophomore year and was quite nervous. There were a lot of older students and it seemed very overwhelming. Mr. Wofford and the rest of the class welcomed me in though and I really looked forward to that class above all the rest. Although there was a lot of work in that class, being that there is always news to cover, everything seemed to be laid back. All the awards the Sidekick won at the end of last year just proved the fact that Mr. Wofford was a great teacher.

This first semester of my junior year in The Sidekick has been just as blessed, this time particularly with diversity. There are so many different types of people in that class with all different views. I have joked around and have also got in many different arguments with people on a variety of different topics. Topics which include sports, politics and even the social scene at Coppell High School. By the way these arguments were strictly verbal. That would be a terrible thing if these were physical and I would probably get severely punished. But that is the beauty of this class and really this country. I am blessed to live in a diverse country and am blessed to openly discuss my views with others. and they can tell me theirs in return. The awesome thing is all of those arguments have led to friendships with the people I was arguing with. I also learned a ton from others through those arguments and was able to see things from a different perspective. I wish everyone in that class the best and am proud to say I am or I guess was, on The Sidekick staff.

As for Mr. Wofford he is still awesome and definitely needs to get the Teacher of the Year award before he leaves this school.

So thank you Mr. Wofford and thank you fourth period Sidekick class, I have been truly blessed by getting to know you.

Now you might be asking, “If this class is so awesome then why are you leaving?”

Well I am a teenage guy with a trillion different interests to explore with little time left to learn about all of them in high school. Hopefully you will understand.

Now usually I am supposed to leave a link at the end of these blogs, so to see how much Mr. Wofford has impacted others, you don’t need a link, just look around this website. His impact is everywhere.

1