The annual fundraiser of “flocking” returns

By Jay Carroll

The Coppell Swim Team’s annual  tradition of “Flocking” is back! I noticed this when my neighbors were flocked, and the next night my house was flocked as well.

Five years ago, the tradition of flocking began. At the time I thought it was kind of stupid; how does sticking flamingoes in someone’s yard raise money? However, you actually pay to have the swim team take them out of your yard and put them in a friend’s yard.

This is actually really clever and a great way for the swim team to earn money, and a great way for someone to play a fun prank on their friend or neighbor. You can also pay the swim team extra to find out who “flocked” you. But once someone has been flocked they can not be flocked again.

So if you see pink flamingoes in someone’s yard, do not think that they are just crazy yard decorations! It is a fundraiser, and don’t be mad if you got flocked, just have fun with it and send it to your friends house.

The following two tabs change content below.

Jay Carroll

Jay Carroll is a senior at Coppell High School. He is in his third year on The Sidekick student newspaper staff. He is on the Coppell High School cross country team and will be attending the University of Arkansas. He plans to major in financial management and investment.

Latest posts by Jay Carroll (see all)