Modern Warfare 3 is the best yet

By Chase Porter

Today November 8th, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 went on sale everywhere and from the start of the first level I could tell that this game was special.

For those of you who don’t know about the Call of Duty franchise, Modern Warfare is a branch of the developers many different games and also their best selling branch. Modern Warfare 3, which completes the trilogy of the Modern Warfares is, from what I have seen so far, the best game in the three game series. It has everything the recreational gamer wants including an exciting story mode, an entertaining cooperative mode, and an unbelievably addicting online multilayer mode.

The campaign or story mode is exactly what you would expect from a Call of Duty: Modern Warfare game. It has intense battle sequences, unique levels, and surprises around every corner. If you are familiar with the previous Modern Warfares then you will immediately recognize most of the characters and you will be entertained with a plethora of new ones you get to play as. Also, as always, Modern Warfare does everything on a large scale so fans of the series will love the different environments you have to battle your way through that take place all over the globe.

The cooperative and multiplayer will addict anyone who plays the game so consider yourself warned. Modern Warfare has brought back the fun spec ops mode but has also added a survival mode which should be a good change of pace from the normal spec ops missions. The multiplayer follows the same basic formula as the past two games but it has definitely been revamped to fit any stile of game play whether it be team coordinated play or the lone wolf style.

From my point of view, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 not only lived up to the hype but it also surpassed my expectations. This game, which is part of one of the best selling game franchises in history, is in my opinion the best Modern Warfare yet because of its amazing creativity, awesome story line, and its undeniably fun multiplayer. For an official review of this game, check out the review on ign.com.