LatestNews

Varsity Baseball hits streak with win over Saginaw

Thomas Hair

The CHS Varsity Baseball Team easily disposed of Saginaw earlier tonight, racking up the runs en route to a 12-4 victory. This was the Cowboys’ best display of scoring power since their 23-5 massacre of Keller weeks ago. 

Tonight’s thrashing of Saginaw was a strong home win for the Cowboys as they come down the final stretch of district play and serves as a testament to how dangerous the Cowboys could be in the playoffs.

With only eight games remaining, the Cowboys have compiled an impressive 19-5-2 record. Coach Don English’s squad has had a landmark year for the program thus far, being one of the clear favorites to win district. 

Leaders such as Baylor-bound senior Adam Toth and Wofford-bound Matthew Kaskow have played phenomenally all season and have been key in obtaining the team’s great record, but any avid sports fan knows that in the playoffs it is not about which has the best record but which team is hot.

Luckily for the Cowboys, they have hit a hot streak at the right time. The victory over Saginaw brings Coppell to a five game winning streak, their longest of the season. If the Cowboys can maintain this winning streak for the remainder of district it would set them up for success in the playoffs. Consistent winning leads to confidence and team chemistry, two vital components for any squad hoping to make a run deep into the playoffs.

With an abundance of talent, fine coaching and a slew of impressive wins, the Coppell Cowboys look prepared to finish strong in the remaining eight games of district and take the playoffs by storm. Their next game will be Friday April 8 against Denton Guyer, who defeated Coppell 4-2 in their previous meeting.

The following two tabs change content below.

2012-2013 School Year Archive